Friday, April 19, 2013

Delicious (& healthy!) Protein Shake Recipe

Ingredients
 
1/3 cup protein powder

1/2 cup milk

1 cup frozen berries (My favorite combo is 2/3 red raspberries and 1/3 blueberry)

3 oz plain Greek Yogurt 

2 teaspoons clear fiber (optional)

Directions

Blend milk, protein powder, and fiber on medium for 30 seconds.

Add yogurt and fruit. Blend on medium for 30 seconds then on high for 30 seconds (or until fruit is thoroughly destroyed) 

Dump in a glass and enjoy! 


Notes
  • If it's too thick add more milk and if it's too runny add more yogurt. 
  • The yogurt makes it a bit tart which I like, but if you want it sweeter try 2 teaspoons of stevia or 3 teaspoons of sugar.  
  • I try to add fiber to my diet since I don't get enough for food and soluble fiber in a protein shake is an easy way to do that without changing the texture or flavor.  
  •  I've tried it with both fresh and frozen fruit. Fresh fruit costs a lot more, but doesn't taste much different in the final product so I recommend going with frozen to save money (and it won't go bad as quickly!). Make sure you find "unsweetened."
My kitty certainly thought it looked good

No comments:

Post a Comment